Saturday, July 18, 2015

Heat !

Not much posts for a while, because now in Hong Kong it's really hot and everything almost died, except chilies...

 

As a lot plants died with the heat and I had to handle a lot of seedlings, I thought I could try a regular grow bed with pebbles so I can plant & remove dead plants easily.

 

I also wanted to give a try to cucumbers. It grows fast ! But then I got worried that there were no fruits and all the flower were blooming and then dropped and cover the floor... In fact, that's normal as Cucumber grow male flowers at the beginning and no female flowers. So after 3 weeks I finally got the first female flowers that can grow cucumbers.
Unfortunately, I got hit by aphids & whiteflies. They also jumped on the chilies & basil :( I tried soap water, bleach water, but the whole plant was sucked down but these nasty bugs. I couldn't find flypaper in time, and the whole plant died while we were away in June.

 

Now it's summer time with max temperature, typhoons, storms and all the nice things that makes expats fly away, but I'm still here. The only thing that grows now are the chilies, basil (not much anymore), chives.
My friends from Amazing Green Hydroponics & Mizutech gave me Kale seedling but they never grew and died :( It's just too hot outdoor. They grow them well in Kwai Chung but they're indoor.


No comments:

Post a Comment